Citizens and residents of Canada, are invited to call upon the Minister of Justice to undertake a thorough investigation of those who have recruited or facilitated recruiting for the Israel Defense Forces, and, if warranted, lay charges against those involved in recruiting and encouraging recruiting for the IDF.
Sign parliamentary petition sponsored by NDP member of parliament for Hamilton Center, Matthew Green.
In 2021, MP Green sponsored E-3337 which garnered 7,769 signatures. This petition did not proceed due to the election being called, E-3810 uses the same wording.
If you signed E-3337 please do now sign E-3810. If you did not sign the earlier petition we hope you will also sign the current one.
The petition closes March 27, 2022, at 4:38 p.m. (EDT).
- The Foreign Enlistment Act states that “[a]ny person who, within Canada, recruits or otherwise induces any person or body of persons to enlist or to accept any commission or engagement in the armed forces of any foreign state or other armed forces operating in that state is guilty of an offence.”;
- The Israeli consulate in Toronto has advertised on several occasions an Israel Defense Forces (IDF) representative available for personal appointments for those wishing to join the IDF, not just those who are required to do mandatory service;
- The IDF has intentionally targeted, shot and injured at least two Canadian citizens since 2015;
- The IDF has repeatedly contravened the Fourth Geneva Convention, and illegally attacked Syria and Lebanon by missile or by drone;
- The Ambassador of Canada conducted an event on January 16, 2020, honouring Canadians serving in the IDF; and
- A formal complaint has been filed with the Minister of Justice regarding recruiting taking place within Canada to enlist persons into the IDF.
Read more about the request to investigate illegal military recruiting in Canada.
The complaints submitted to the Minister of Justice and the RCMP.
Webinar and complaint regarding illegal subsidies to organizations that support the Israeli military.
This campaign has been supported by Just Peace Advocates, Canadian Foreign Policy Institute, Palestinian and Jewish Unity, World BEYOND War, and the Palestinian Canadian Congress, along with 40+ other organizations that have endorsed the #NoCanadians4IDF
More actions you can take. These can be taken by residents of Canada as well as international friends.
Write a letter to Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regarding illegal subsidies to Israeli military
Write a letter to the RCMP: It has been a year, what is the status of your investigation of Illegal Israeli Military Recruiting in Canada?