Write to the Canadian government
April 13, 2021 upate: 600+ people have written in the last couple of days!
Take 1 minute to write to the Canadian members of parliament, Canadian Ambassador to the UN Bob Rae and other diplomats.
Four Palestinian families have been ordered by an Israeli district court to leave their homes by May 2 or face forced eviction, while three more families have been ordered evicted by August.
Let Canadian politicans and diplomats know that you are concerned, and that you call on the government of Canada to insist Israel stop its eviction of the Palestinian families in Sheik Jarrah.
Tell the Canadian government it is time to take diplomatic and economic steps to stop Israel’s violations of international law. This includes Israel’s continued building of settlements and forced displacement in the West Bank including occupied Jerusalem, as well as Israel’s blockade of Gaza.
In particular, Palestinian Jerusalemite families are facing imminent forced eviction from their homes by illegal Israeli settlers, backed by the Israeli state. The attack on Sheikh Jarrah is part and parcel of the ongoing and systematic ethnic cleansing targeting Palestinians in Jerusalem and is part of the ongoing Nakba.
Learn more. Register for webinar.
Joint Webinar Invitation
The Ongoing Nakba in Sheikh Jarrah
- Topic: The Ongoing Nakba in Sheikh Jarrah
- Date: Wednesday 14 April 2021
- Time: 3:00 PM (Palestine Time)
- Location: Online – Registered participants will receive the Zoom link via email
- Register at: https://bit.ly/3cTHjuu
- Facebook event at: https://fb.me/e/cMA9cANuK
- Note: The discussion is in English. Arabic translation will be provided in the webinar
- Prof Michael Lynk, UN Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territory
- Mohammed El-Kurd, writer and resident of Sheikh Jarrrah
- Zakaria Odeh, executive director of the Civic Coalition for Palestinian Rights in Jerusalem
- Aseel AlBajeh, legal researcher and advocacy officer at Al-Haq
The webinar will be facilitated by Budour Hasan, legal researcher at the Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center.
Photo credit: Israeli bulldozers demolish Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem. (Photo: Tali Mayer, via Activestills.org)